Sunday, April 13, 2014

Shopping!

I'm 20 pounds down, or so.

It difficult though, I don't really notice the weight loss on myself very much.

Co-workers have noticed, they have told me they can see a difference. Of course, my husband also says he can see a difference. 

The only thing I've noticed is that some of my tops fit a bit looser. But when I look in the mirror, I really don't notice the weight loss.

Well, today was different!!

Within the next month or so, I have several family events that I'll be attending. Graduations, anniversaries, and a wedding shower. I knew I needed (actually I should say wanted, but ya know! lol) some new outfits. I wanted to buy a couple of dresses.

Let's rewind again shall we….

Shopping has always been a pain. Several years ago, many many years, I don't really remember how long ago. I think I was in high school, maybe even middle school. I was out shopping, looking for a dress. I'm not sure what store I was at, I'm not sure what the occasion was going to be. I really don't remember much, except for one thing. One thing that has been stuck in my mind all this time. 

As I was out shopping, I spotted a dress I really wanted. I found the largest size and walked into the dressing room. I squeezed myself into it.

And then I was stuck. Literally stuck in the dress. No matter how hard I tried I could not get out of it. I finally called out to my sister, who of course helped me out of it. We laughed about it together. It really didn't bother me at the time. I mean getting stuck in a dress is actually pretty funny. So that's all I saw it as, something stupid and funny. However, now many years later, I can't try on a dress without thinking I might end up stuck in it!

Ok, ok. Back to the present.

Today I went into Forever 21 to do some dress shopping. I picked out a few 3x sized dresses (and a couple other things) and waltzed into the dressing room. I actually had a good time!!! All the dresses fit, and most importantly I didn't get stuck in any of them. One of the dresses was even too big! I can't remember the last time that happened! 

I've never really loved shopping. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it's just never been high on my favorite's list. I typically do most of my shopping online. I prefer trying things on in my own home, and just return things I didn't really like, or couldn't manage to squeeze into. Today was so different. It was actually a fun experience. Now I can't wait to go shopping again!!! I already told my husband he may have to give up some closet space!

So now I see it.

I have lost weight. 

Little by little, I am making progress!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment