Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

First thing this morning I stepped on the scale.

247 pounds!

I know that's still very, VERY overweight. 

It's still 17 pounds less than when I started! 

I'm proud of me, and I still want pizza, but every time I step on the scale and I see that number has gone down just a bit more it is so exciting! I'm almost half way to my first goal of 225. 22 pounds to go to get there. I decided I'm going to treat myself to something when I get to my first goal. I'm still not sure what it will be, but I do know that it won't involve food! I used to always do that. I would say once I lose "X" amount of weight I'm going to celebrate by eating a burger or pizza or anything really. However, I recently saw an image on Pinterest (< link to my Pinterest account) that said "Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog" and I had an "AHA" moment! I had really never even thought about it. Rewarding myself with food seemed completely normal. 

Let's Rewind again…

I've mentioned before how I've struggled with my weight since elementary school. When I was about 8 my mother began taking me to weight loss weekly meetings. Something similar to a Weight Watchers meeting, though I really don't remember them very well. I do, however, remember that after our weekly weigh ins my mom would take my sister and me out to eat as a way to celebrate our weight loss. I specifically remember thinking I couldn't wait until weigh in days, just so that I could "break" my diet. 

Alright, back to the present…

I never learned that diets were a lifestyle. I always just saw them as a weekly thing, something I would end up breaking. Celebrations have always come along with food. Seeing that quote on Pinterest, really struck me. So, when I reach my first goal of 225 pounds, I will celebrate, but not by "breaking" my diet. Maybe a bit of shopping, who knows. 

For now, I'm truly happy with the progress I've made.





No comments:

Post a Comment